Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Art for Oasis

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Art for Oasis Empty
PostSubject: Art for Oasis   Art for Oasis Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 5:01 pm

This is where I'll add all of the art for Oasis.

Based on Wyvern's descriptions of the Overseers, here's Prefontaine, the Overseer of the water region:

https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o121/Jose_Puustinen/Prefontaine.jpg

Why is it unfinished..? Because I didn't feel like finishing it.
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Character sheet
Calcor: infinity
clovis:

Art for Oasis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art for Oasis   Art for Oasis Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 11:36 pm

coool
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Art for Oasis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art for Oasis   Art for Oasis Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 1:02 pm

*falls over dead*

Jose you RAWK!!! It's okay if you don't wanna finish it...it's impressive enough as it is. Excellent job all around, man! I don't know what we'd do if we didn't have you on the team.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Art for Oasis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art for Oasis   Art for Oasis Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 2:09 pm

Thank you! (That was a surprise. I expected something more like: "No! Don't you know what a giant alligator looks like?!") Laughing
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Art for Oasis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art for Oasis   Art for Oasis Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 1:53 pm

Well, it could be conceived in a number of ways. I'm sure if you made it look any different it would be just as cool...cause you're JOSE!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Art for Oasis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art for Oasis   Art for Oasis Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 1:56 pm

Aww... Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Art for Oasis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art for Oasis   Art for Oasis Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 7:05 pm

Because I know that EVERYONE will miss me A LOT while I'm gone (just kidding), here's something to ease the pain:

https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o121/Jose_Puustinen/Project%20RTS/Oasistitle.png

This is just something to help you imagine how the title-screen might look like in the end. I did the coloring in about 15min, so don't criticize the colors too much. And I added the texts without too much consideration. Once I'm completely done with the shading of the pencil-version (yes, I'm aware of the blank spots) and it's ready to be colored and all that, I will put MUCH more effort into it, so don't worry.

I have this vision in my head, that in the game this picture will be enlargened so that it'll be broad enough to fill the whole screen. When the game begins, the screen will show only the lower part of the title screen (the lake and grass) and the camera will slowly move upwards to reveal the upper part (the title name and the sunshine) and when it has reached the top, the options "New game", "Continue", etc, will appear.

Does that sound like a bad idea? Do you hate this title screen concept design? Any thoughts or other ideas?? Post them all!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Art for Oasis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art for Oasis   Art for Oasis Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 9:29 pm

Cool idea, but I think we should make the game in a window. Full screen games can flicker unless you (dis)enable hardware acceleration, or something lke that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Art for Oasis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art for Oasis   Art for Oasis Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 11:00 pm

*Recovering from seizure* Jose that's inCREDible! For an unfinNished project, that's quite nice, and I think it would look great as a title screen. Your idea rocks, too! We'll miss you in these coming weeks (and will have a hard time thinking of what to do without you) Very Happy

Well without glorious new artwork pouring in, this gives us a bit of a chance to catch up on coding. I'll PM all the coders (basically me and Sharmandra right now, am I correct?) an assignment. The rest of you keep coming up with ideas, I'm gonna be absent for a while (not as long as Jose) and afterwards I can become more involved.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Art for Oasis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art for Oasis   Art for Oasis Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 5:40 pm

Thanks!

Sorry, Wyvern, I didn't mean to cause you a seizure.. Laughing Hopefully, I'll have the final version finNished within a month. We'll see...
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Character sheet
Calcor: infinity
clovis:

Art for Oasis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art for Oasis   Art for Oasis Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 9:02 pm

My hope right now is that the rest of the game will be as amazing and awe inspiring as the artwork that you've contributed thus far and to come.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Art for Oasis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art for Oasis   Art for Oasis Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 4:54 pm

Thanks for the compliment, Ben! All the supportive words inspire me to do more and better work. Wink

I'm sure it will. We just have to do our best! Cool
Back to top Go down
iChickenGod
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
iChickenGod

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Character sheet
Calcor: 5000
clovis:

Art for Oasis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art for Oasis   Art for Oasis Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 11:01 am

Looking forward to how you fill the negative space. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Art for Oasis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art for Oasis   Art for Oasis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Art for Oasis
Page 1 of 1