Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FLUX (working title for now)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ractoc
Anonymous

FLUX (working title for now) Empty
PostSubject: FLUX (working title for now)   FLUX (working title for now) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 5:33 pm

Hello all,

I'm new here but I thought I'd post a bit about the game me and a few friends are working on.

We are currently working on a game we call FLUX. It's a space RPG game. It has ship to ship combat (both PvE and PvP), building, resource, colonisation and a whole lot more. What we are currently mostly looking for is some concept artists and maybe someone who can actually manage the whole project. I have the skills to manage, just not the time. (60 hour work weeks atm so not much time left).

We already have 3 people on game design, one on modeling and just about 2-3 on coding so for now we are good on those departements.

We just need a concept artist / texturer and probably a team manager.

I noticed you are already working on setting up your own game, and this is something completely different from that one. But I think it would be a great learning experience for all of us, and maybe later we can pool our resources on something like your game as well.

Mark
Back to top Go down
cbgjustin
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgjustin

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Character sheet
Calcor: 5000
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: FLUX (working title for now)   FLUX (working title for now) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 11:12 pm

hey mark its justin
we will be happy to help u out man just send me a message of what u want us to do
Back to top Go down
http://cbgjbr.virtuaboard.com
ractoc
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: FLUX (working title for now)   FLUX (working title for now) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 4:36 am

We are currently working on the core concepts, but when that's done work will start on the "races". They will be all human but with different areas of experise. One will be combat oriented, one industrial and probably one all-round.

The ships / stations should reflect that in style.
I'll post when I know more.
Back to top Go down
ractoc
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: FLUX (working title for now)   FLUX (working title for now) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 9:38 am

Ok, here's what we have with respect to the mood of the game, we have more written down, but that's mostly technical stuff. This is the first real document that tells you anything about the feel of the game. With this you guys should be able to make some concept art I think. I was thinking some general artwork, like the lunar station, some impressions of earth, that sort of thing.

====

We write the year 2452, the earth is overpopulated by 25 billion people. The ones who could afford it fled into space several years ago. Most of them now live on a large station built on the moon. The situation grew more and more unbearable, and governments were no longer able to uphold law and control the situation.
The people grew more desperate as food and other resources grew sparse or were completely unavailable. After several large riots, the governments fell one by one, until none remained. The companies, who still had resources managed to survive these riots. The discovery of flux changed all this.

Suddenly there was a way out, a way to go somewhere. The flux gave the people of earth interstellar travel. The four largest companies spent all their resources on this new discovery, all to come up with a different way to use the flux. Ships and station were being built to take pressure of the earth and harvest more and more resources needed to sustain the people still on earth. Suddenly, there was a way out.

The companies quickly seized control of all space travel and production. The only way to escape the pressure of the overpopulated earth was to enlist for one of the companies. And that, is what many did.
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Number of posts : 129

Character sheet
Calcor: infinity
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: FLUX (working title for now)   FLUX (working title for now) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 10:55 am

we only have Jose for art and we have him stretched pretty thin as is, but justin has already given the go-a-head for you so please try not to overtax Jose.

Also, this story sounds a whole lot like DownBelow Station.
Back to top Go down
ractoc
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: FLUX (working title for now)   FLUX (working title for now) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 11:02 am

If you could point me in the direction of that one, maybe we could join forces. This would both keep Jose's workooad down, seeing how he would have 1 project in stead of 2, and it would mean your project would get some real development as well.
Back to top Go down
cbgjustin
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgjustin

Character sheet
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: FLUX (working title for now)   FLUX (working title for now) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 11:07 am

ok how would we join forces?
Back to top Go down
ractoc
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: FLUX (working title for now)   FLUX (working title for now) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:28 pm

For that I would have to read up on your project. But I immagine it's not impossible to merge the two games into one game and still maintain the integrity of both.
As long as they are similar to being with off course.
Back to top Go down
cbgjustin
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgjustin

Character sheet
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: FLUX (working title for now)   FLUX (working title for now) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:28 pm

The member ractoc has done the following action : Roll dices

1 times FLUX (working title for now) De6
Results :
  FLUX (working title for now) De5
Back to top Go down
cbgjustin
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgjustin

Character sheet
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: FLUX (working title for now)   FLUX (working title for now) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:42 pm

The member mushroommantis has done the following action : Roll dices

1 times FLUX (working title for now) De6
Results :
  FLUX (working title for now) De6
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: FLUX (working title for now)   FLUX (working title for now) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 1:44 pm

Ractoc, I want to thank you for showing interest. We appreciate it very much.

However, I don't see how we could merge our projects into a single game, they just seem too different. We'd appreciate if you could help us with our project and if you would, we'd surely help you too. But from your posts I'm getting the idea that the only thing you're concerned about is your own game.

As for myself, I'm currently very busy. Our project alone is almost too much for me to handle, because I'm the only active artist we have at the moment. I don't have the time to work on both your and our project, because I do have other things in my life besides this. And if I have to make a choice, I choose the project I've already been working on. Sorry. I'm not turning my back on these people who I've worked with, not like this.

I wish you and your team the best!
-Jose
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: FLUX (working title for now)   FLUX (working title for now) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 3:06 pm

Yes, I agree with Jose. Don't mean to be rude, but...we've got our own stuff to take care of (which we're having difficulty with anyway), and we don't have enough artists to help you out really. So please don't go to this site like it's a recruiting station...we're a team, and we would help you out if we weren't so focused on Oasis right now.

Maybe sometime in the future, we could collaborate. That would be great. But right now, we've kinda got to watch our own backs, no offense intended and nothing personal, but I don't think we're at a point where we could help you out much anyway.
Back to top Go down
ractoc
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: FLUX (working title for now)   FLUX (working title for now) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 5:44 pm

you guys are assholes. f&$% u all and have a nice day....................
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: FLUX (working title for now)   FLUX (working title for now) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 7:42 pm

What model behavior from a supposed 29-year-old. You have a nice day too, sucker, cause you've just been BANNED!!! Razz Not like you care though, you're too busy with your project (which actually sounds pretty cool by the way) but just cause we won't lean down and succumb to you doesn't make us @$$holes, so shove it up yours! Gah...we need an emoticon that flips the bird.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: FLUX (working title for now)   FLUX (working title for now) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 3:23 am

That is so typical... That's what you get when you try to be nice.
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Number of posts : 129

Character sheet
Calcor: infinity
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: FLUX (working title for now)   FLUX (working title for now) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 10:44 pm

I don't think we'll be able to count on his support in the future... jocolor heeheehee(insert slightly monical laughter)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: FLUX (working title for now)   FLUX (working title for now) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 7:50 am

Haha! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FLUX (working title for now)   FLUX (working title for now) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FLUX (working title for now)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Archive for 2007 CBG Stuff-
Jump to: