Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RTS Class Listing Ideas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

RTS Class Listing Ideas Empty
PostSubject: RTS Class Listing Ideas   RTS Class Listing Ideas Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 9:34 pm

This is the basic class listing I've constructed for all three races. Again, these are just ideas, I think that you moderators should probably have the final say, I'm just throwing things out there. There are three races, each with 5 specifications of type, each with 7 classes, and each individual character can level up 7 times before advancing.

...Humanoids...

>>>Leaders>>>
(They make decisions on the field, as well as fighting)
1---Captain
2---Corporal
3---Colonel
4---Commando
5---Regional
6---Admiral
7---General

>>>Spies>>>
(They can get information or carry out dirty jobs away from the fighting)
1---Scout
2---Raider
3---Informant
4---Assassin
5---Edge
6---Ninja
7---Shadow

>>>Footsoldiers>>>
(These are the fighters on the battlefield)
1---Soldier
2---Moonsoldier
3---Trooper
4---Frontliner
5---Halberdier
6---Elite
7---Titan

>>>Operators>>>
(They operate most of the technical equipment from backfield, storing items and secret weapons)
1---Technician
2---Communicator
3---Filer
4---Coder
5---Hacker
6---Systemator
7---Monitor

>>>Workers>>>
(Not divided into classes, simply based on a skill level of 1-7. They transport goods on the field)

...Dragonoids...

>>>Leaders>>>
(Like the humans, Dragonoid Leaders make the decisions and also fight)
1---Head
2---Lieutenant
3---Veteran
4---Guardian
5---Overseer
6---Right Claw
7---Dragonlord

>>>Spies>>>
(Again like humans, spies can sneak into enemy ground to carry out missions)
1---Hunter
2---Seeker
3---Destroyer
4---Apprehender
5---Tormentor
6---Vague
7---Umbra

>>>Warriors>>>
(These are the footsoldiers of the dragonoids. They do all the fighting)
1---Buccaneer
2---Mercenary
3---Knight
4---Swordbearer
5---Cavalry
6---Elemental
7---Warlord

>>>Sorcerers>>>
(These are dragons that use magic from backfield)
1---Mage
2---Conjurer
3---Magician
4---Wizard
5---Sage
6---Seer
7---Master

>>>Transporters>>>
(These aren't divided into classes, there are simply 7 levels of skill for transporting goods)

...Insectovoids...

>>>Leaders>>>
(There is always a leader of the colony. They control the unit)
1---Sergeant
2---Lieutenant
3---Commadeur
4---Keepholder
5---Father
6---Queen's Aide
7---Hive Queen

>>>Drones>>>
(These are used to make pathways. They can dig, build bridges, etc)
1---Digger
2---Worker
3---Burrower
4---Tunneler
5---Explorer
6---Opener
7---Pathfinder

>>>Fighters>>>
(These take care of the enemies encountered in battle)
1---Biter
2---Stinger
3---Slasher
4---Killer
5---Devourer
6---Parasite
7---Malevolent

>>>Aerials>>>
(These fly up in the air near the back and strike from the skies)
1---Hoverer
2---Flyer
3---Diver
4---Striker
5---Bolter
6---Screamer
7---Death From The Sky

>>>Movers>>>
(These are only divided into 7 skill levels. They transport items and other things)

............This is only one concept of the class systems. Moderators, you have the final say, I'm just trying to lay down the basics so nobody gets too confused. I know there's a lot to read here, just bear with me.
And I know that goblins and convincibles were supposed to be involved too...if anyone has the time, they should get right on that if they can.
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Character sheet
Calcor: infinity
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: RTS Class Listing Ideas   RTS Class Listing Ideas Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 10:20 am

(this also includes my comments and thoughts from post in the other thread)

I see you've taken a more futuristic approach. That's not what I had in mind, but it could work nicely. I just need to process what the goblins and dragonoids would look like with guns instead of swords. Unless they were all mech-style, with laser swords instead of guns.

So, since there are many special types of combat units for each class (example: bugs have beetles, spiders, worms, ect.) the ranks are the same but abilities differ.

Overall this is all quite good. I was just taken aback by it a little. I like the name.
Back to top Go down
kainismi
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RTS Class Listing Ideas   RTS Class Listing Ideas Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 4:07 pm

uhhhhhhhhhhhh........ rts??? i dont play them much i do Final fantasy and stuff never the less IM A PROGRAMMER give me the stuff and orders btw im makeing my own game aswell so Razz
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Character sheet
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: RTS Class Listing Ideas   RTS Class Listing Ideas Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 12:18 pm

...Abominable Conclave... ((Goblins, Orcs, Trolls)
>>>Leaders>>>
1---
2---
3---
4---
5---
6---
7---

>>>Infantry>>>
1---Grunt
2---Minion
3---Toad
4---Raider
5---Smasher
6---Heavy
7---Crasher

>>>Shamans>>>
1---Caller
2---Breaker
3---Stormwrit
4---Destroyer
5---Explosion
6---Summoner
7---High Shaman

>>>Trustees>>>
(These aren't divided into classes, there are simply 7 levels of skill for transporting goods)

[[[There not all that great, but it gives us something]]]

Last edited by on Thu May 03, 2007 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kainismi
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RTS Class Listing Ideas   RTS Class Listing Ideas Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 2:12 pm

SHAMANS ARE EVIL *hids in coner*
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RTS Class Listing Ideas   RTS Class Listing Ideas Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 11:03 pm

Awesome, except you forgot to fill in the leaders category.

It doesn't have to be all futuristic...there can be a lot more fantasy involved further in the game, but I mean it's space exploration, and the humans just discovered it, so that part is going to be more sci-fi than the fantasy-style orcs and goblins. I think it'd be a pretty cool clash.

You've got the idea I was having. Picture it like chess. There's a leader on the field that makes the main decisions. Then there are spies (or in some cases, infiltrators) that can sneak in and stuff...you forgot this category for the orcs, but that's ok, we'll work something out. Then there are the fighters on the field, long-range fighters of some sort near the back, and transporters that don't fight much, just move items around.

As for the name "Oasis", we can simply use it as a codename for now incase we want to change it (example: Nintendo used the name "Revolution" for the system that changed to the "Wii").

I know it's a lot to swallow all at once, but we need to get going, especially when summer starts.
Back to top Go down
cbgjustin
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgjustin

Number of posts : 113

Character sheet
Calcor: 5000
clovis:

PostSubject: both ideas   RTS Class Listing Ideas Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 11:37 pm

i like both of the ideas very creative. i would like to see this game come through and be our first major title. The lead designers on this project is Wyvern and cbgben they are going to take over this so if you are going to help to make this project u answer to them lol

cbgjca
leader of EMO
Back to top Go down
http://cbgjbr.virtuaboard.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RTS Class Listing Ideas   RTS Class Listing Ideas Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 11:59 pm

Oh wow...didn't see that comin' (in a good way). Okay, Ben, you're the man. Let's get rollin'.

(And we're not, like, supreme entities here guys...most of your ideas, if they're good ones, will probably go unchallenged, so contribute as much as you can).
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RTS Class Listing Ideas   RTS Class Listing Ideas Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 12:47 pm

Really nice ideas, very good work, Wyvern! Smile

I'm really busy this month, but after that I'd be happy to design some art for the project
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Character sheet
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: RTS Class Listing Ideas   RTS Class Listing Ideas Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 2:25 pm

Awsome, we need plantlife: shrubs and trees of several types, including saplings and vines, maybe even a funky lookin new type of grass. We also need some new takes on things like werewolves and vampires.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RTS Class Listing Ideas   RTS Class Listing Ideas Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 10:40 am

Yo, Jose! Good to have you back (temporarily). Once you get drawing, pretty much what we're trying to do is mix sci-fi w/ fantasy. Example: The humanoids are sci-fi and use guns, the Dragons are more fantasy-like, etc. You might also wanna read the story draft in the "Project RTS" thread so you know what' going on, if you haven't already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RTS Class Listing Ideas   RTS Class Listing Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RTS Class Listing Ideas
Page 1 of 1