Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Menubox variations for RTS

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Menubox variations for RTS Empty
PostSubject: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 5:13 pm

Here are the variations (so far) of the menu box I designed earlier for project RTS. I will make several new ones soon and post them here. These two have the same frames, I just changed the background and frame-colour of the other one, but later I will hopefully design some with completely new frames.

https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o121/Jose_Puustinen/Project%20RTS/Samplemenu.png

https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o121/Jose_Puustinen/Project%20RTS/Menu2.png

Any comments, criticism, ideas, etc. are more than welcome! So feel free to post them.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 7:17 pm

Excellent. But yeah, changing the frames would be a good idea. This is gonna look cool...
Back to top Go down
kainismi
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 8:59 pm

I like the first
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Character sheet
Calcor: infinity
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 1:14 pm

I like them both.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 7:17 pm

Thank you wyvern, kain & ben for your comments!

Here's a menu-design with a dragonoid-theme in mind:

https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o121/Jose_Puustinen/Project%20RTS/Menu3.png
Back to top Go down
kainismi
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 7:23 pm

hmm that and the first one are cool
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 7:29 pm

Dude! That's amazing! Okay, I think that both insects and goblins are going to be used, so you'll actually need 4 menu variations if you're doing it that way. I like the first one, maybe that could be the goblinoid one, if you modified it to look more gothic and sinister. Looking very good, keep up the good work!

Don't mean to make you work too hard, but we like what we're seeing!
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Character sheet
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 11:05 am

so very very cool.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 11:32 am

Alright, here's the next one. I tried to make it look dark and sinister so that it would fit for the goblinoids. What do you guys think?

https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o121/Jose_Puustinen/Project%20RTS/Menu4.png
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 1:23 pm

All RIGHT!!!
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Character sheet
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 3:40 pm

lookin good
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 5:15 pm

Thanks! Yet another variation:

https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o121/Jose_Puustinen/Project%20RTS/Menu5.png

This one is for the insect-theme.
Back to top Go down
cbgjustin
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgjustin

Number of posts : 113

Character sheet
Calcor: 5000
clovis:

PostSubject: hey   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 7:28 pm

that is a great job man geek i enjoyed them all lol
Back to top Go down
http://cbgjbr.virtuaboard.com
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Character sheet
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 9:41 pm

even better.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 9:42 pm

You have no idea what kind of energy surge runs down my spine when I look at these...people will play this game just to surf the menus!!!

Okay, I need to calm down...great job Jose!
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Character sheet
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 9:46 pm

yes Wyvern calm down. We shouldn't depend solely on sweet menus to attract gamers.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 6:14 am

Thanks for the great support everyone! Ben is right though, but the plot of the game seems great too (to me atleast), so I'm really looking forward to this project!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 6:18 pm

I know, I'm getting too crazy. Admit it, though, this is gonna be so cool...
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Character sheet
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 10:07 am

Jose, I don't know what you're up to, but if you're not too busy we need a sketch of Calcor; please keep in mind he's in his early thirties, tall, gruff, kinda-white guy. Most of the sketches we have that have his name on them are of dudes that look teens to early twenties and have had access to moistureizing cream since birth.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 3:13 pm

Lol yeah...I would suggest Calcor doesn't have any facial hair, though. Don't make him too tough...we need a character we can believe in. Probably blond hair, massive biceps...I forget, what did he have as a weapon? An axe would be cool, I mean he IS an executioner...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 5:45 pm

Sure, I'll see what I can come up with!
Back to top Go down
iChickenGod
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
iChickenGod

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Character sheet
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 8:15 pm

Coco and butter

*cough* I had to.
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Character sheet
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 12:32 am

on the subject of Calcor: there seems to be this slightly off-key idea that he's a good guy. He was an elected by the people heroe never to be seen by them, who accepted his post with dignity, but when the people he served (so to speak) began to see him as a relic of a time they would rather have forgotten(where have I heard that?), and the army began to start eliminating his kind (the Spore Exocutioners[just made that up. like?]); the spores that had collected in his body reacted with his unique conflict of duty and hate(someone give me a more unique word please), he became corrupt and joined the fiends and now leads the the growing horde in vengful attack of the people he once served.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 3:13 am

Waitwaitwait...Calcor's the bad guy? What? I gotta read up on this stuff. I thought he was a conflicted protagonist who had discovered some sort of power that gave him uncontrollable rage (example: Emosis?), and Clovis (bad guy with class) is interested in this new power. By the end of the movie, Calcor decides to use the good within him to change his power into a sort of cataclysm of light, which he uses to battle Clovis near the end of the movie.

We gotta pick one idea and stick w/ it...come on, everybody get involved so we can stand on some solid ground here.

(BTW, liking the "Spore Executioners" idea)
Back to top Go down
cbgjustin
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgjustin

Number of posts : 113

Character sheet
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 9:42 am

i like were ben is going with this it is kind of the idea that i had going here for this project i was thinking the end would be caused of all of the sporecutioners to give their soul to the ritual of endless and bring end to the planet that way and some how calcor loses all of his fiend powers.
Back to top Go down
http://cbgjbr.virtuaboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Menubox variations for RTS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Archive for 2007 CBG Stuff-
Jump to: