Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Screenies!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Screenies! Empty
PostSubject: Screenies!   Screenies! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 7:25 pm

This thread can be used for the developmental screenshots of Project Oasis. Cause having a hundred separate threads would be...just disastrous. Here is a space screenshot I designed, as well as the battle grid for Skirmish Mode. Any color suggestions? Sorry I couldn't get the whole thing in there...it's about as wide as it is long, though. And I'll try to work on Jose's sprites, so I can get them in there too. This is just a previz.

Hopefully soon, we can get some landscape art, as well as artwork used for cutscenes and whatnot. All we need after Jose finishes his final set of sprites are the walking, fighting, dying, posing, and other animations. We either need an animator or Jose can take care of it himself. afro

Here's the space screenie:

https://servimg.com/view/11054435/3

And here's the Grid:

https://servimg.com/view/11054435/4

Let me know what you think, I promise to have fully-modeled boards by the end of next month. Possibly. Cool
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Screenies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screenies!   Screenies! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 9:13 pm

Nice work, Wyvern!

I like the space-screenie, but I suggest using just a little less stars. I like how you've used different sized stars, and the bigger ones look like they're randomly placed and that's a good thing. But there is perhaps slightly too many of the small ones. Taking some of them away might make it look more natural and less like a pattern. But that's just a suggestion. Good job, anyways! I appreciate that you've put time into this! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Character sheet
Calcor: infinity
clovis:

Screenies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screenies!   Screenies! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 1:44 am

ditto ti Jose's comments. looks good, a few less little stars would be good though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Screenies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screenies!   Screenies! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 1:08 pm

Thanks, you guys. You're right, omitting some of the smaller ones would make it look more natural. Any suggestions for the grid? Is the color okay?

And I didn't put much time into this Jose... Rolling Eyes it only took me a few min to figure out isometrics. YOU'VE really put time into your stuff...I gotta say, I was really impressed with your last set of sprites. Just got done editing them into the game.

Last edited by on Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Character sheet
Calcor: infinity
clovis:

Screenies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screenies!   Screenies! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 2:26 pm

The grid is fine; we may want to change colors to match the intended sceenerie when we have some.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Screenies! Empty
PostSubject: Da Big Ones   Screenies! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 8:31 pm

Okay, here they are, the big ones. I've also posted them on Toolkitzone...if you can think of any other sites, please tell me.

>A shot of the beginning of a Skirmish Match, basically set up like a chessboard (Humanoids vs Goblinoids)
https://servimg.com/view/11054435/5

>...And a shot o' some of the action. Wink (Humanoids vs Dragonoids)
https://servimg.com/view/11054435/6

I also made two other screenies of Skirmish mode...one includes a simple shot of all characters from all sides, and another shows an idea for the movement system. Please contact me personally if you're interested in these and I'll add them to our MSN sharing folder.

Basically we need help with this project. That's no secret. The coding system is just worthless, and we need a better programmer. We're covered for an artist, but we need more of them. And storyline is at a standstill because we haven't really started on the actual game all that much...then we can continue working on it. And then eventually we'll have to worry about music, distribution, etc, but for right now these are our main problems. I hope we're able to go through with this.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Screenies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screenies!   Screenies! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 9:02 am

Thank you, Wyvern, for those screenshots! It looks like we've already got some pretty good feedback! I'm happy. And yes, I'd like to see those others screenshots too. Smile

I hope no one posts too many screenshots today, so that as many people as possible can see our screenies, because we really need help. Wink

It seems that at least one tk-member might be interested in helping us. Wyvern, could you contact him (and possibly others if there are any who are interested) when you get the chance? A skilled programmer is propably what we most urgently need at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Screenies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screenies!   Screenies! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Screenies!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Archive for 2007 CBG Stuff-
Jump to: