Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suspension

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Suspension   Suspension Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 12:45 am

I didn't want to do this, but Justin and I had a talk and we agreed Oasis was going too slow. Idunno if that guy I know will agree to do landscapes, and I'm just not sure where to go from here on Oasis, so I'm going to move to suspend the project temporarily and focus on another project, then come back to it later. Everyone please tell me what you think, if you want to go ahead with Oasis then we can do that. And Jose, your work is certainly not for nothing. Even if this project crashes, I will carry on the flag and use your sprites and artwork for whatever possible.

For now, I think we should concentrate on the actual game engine and how we can put it together. I have an extremely easy and efficient FPS creator, and once the virus scan is completed, I can put together a demo and submit it by e-mail to all team members, so you can get a feel for how it operates. Everything is customizable...you can alter hundreds of the 3D models used, or submit originals (which I aim at doing in the future). You can apply custom textures, edit object properties, the works. You can play certain sounds in different areas, place furniture of all kinds in rooms, and best of all...customize your guns. Twisted Evil

That being said, I'd like to at least get started on Gothis. I don't think we should get too spread out, I just think we need something that would develop faster, and I think this is it. Us storywriters can dust off our creativity for the first few chapters, and everyone can try their hand at 3D modeling. We might not all be experts at that, and we may have to find someone to help us, but Justin has also suggested a few programs (which I hope he will post once he gets back on).

Once again, I want to hear what everyone thinks. I will move with whatever the majority of us wish to do. We need to speed things up, and I figured using a quicker engine would do that, but I want to hear your opinions as well.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension   Suspension Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 5:53 pm

I'm here for Oasis. Idunno if I'd get involved in any other projects. maybe.

And A quicker negine wouldnt make us go faster, more organization/focus/lack of procrastination would make us go faster.
Back to top Go down
cbgjustin
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgjustin

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Character sheet
Calcor: 5000
clovis:

Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension   Suspension Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 6:36 pm

i agree with wyvern oasis is going to slow and we need to focus on something we can do something with and i have more for gothis than i do anything else so it is up to everyone we will have a vote later on it
Back to top Go down
http://cbgjbr.virtuaboard.com
Anonymous

Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension   Suspension Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 12:24 am

Like I said, the blame for its slowness isn't really something we as a group have a right to complain about. Its entirely dependant on our dedication. If you guys think it would be better focused elsewhere, thats fine, maybe I'd help with some other projects. Just don't complain we aren'tg etting anywhere, cuz I've been asking for assignments XD.

EDIT: Wyvern, you oughtta check that Jose wants you to use his sprites for other projects. if I made sprites for one thign and people used them for something else, I know I'd be pissed XD.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension   Suspension Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 4:01 pm

I'm okay with putting Oasis on hold. I agree that Oasis has been moving slow (if at all), but I agree with Sharmandra on the reason behind it. To be honest, I haven't felt motivated to do anything for it anymore. Haha, I'm probably not the only one.

I'm also okay with trying to work on Gothis, if you really think we will be more motivated with that. I have never worked with 3D objects but I could try. It would be cool to learn some 3D modelling.

And no worries. If the sprites and all the rest of the art goes to waste, so be it. What's done is done and I've gained experience while working on those, so it has been good practice. However, if anyone of you wants to use them for something, I don't mind at all, haha, but it would be nice if I was asked first so that I'll know what they're used for.
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Character sheet
Calcor: infinity
clovis:

Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension   Suspension Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 6:17 pm

Jose wrote:
To be honest, I haven't felt motivated to do anything for it anymore. Haha, I'm probably not the only one.

ditto
I've been way more concerned as of late with school and making money for upcoming car payments. I like the idea of trying something else for a bit and getting everyone some 3D engine experience. Hopefully this working-break will get the creative juices flowing again.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension   Suspension Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 8:09 pm

I know you're mainly here to work on Oasis, Sharmandra. And we'll seriously consider either way. But after a while you'll see the same pattern happen all over again...we've been dedicated before, but it always slows back down because our outside lives demand more of us. I just think that working on a different project for a while might promote some incentive...this is, like, the main project we've been working on since we began about a year or two ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension   Suspension Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suspension
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Archive for 2007 CBG Stuff-
Jump to: