Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Menubox variations for RTS

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Character sheet
Calcor: infinity
clovis:

Menubox variations for RTS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 2:34 pm

I'm still very fuzzy on this whole "endless" guy/thing/entity/whachimahoozit, By the end of the movie there is not enough good in Calcor to pull off any sort of light. He does, however, retain his humanity; since he has his humanity he determines that it is a waste of time to kill innocent villagers and citizens, who pose no threat to him, and only kills members of the army or other organizations that opose him. While Calcor was still in hiding, before he started to garner and use his power, the government launched what they called "protection", imposing marshal law on most of the towns and cities. Over the new military government is Clovis, kind of a Hitler becoming corrupt with power and obsessed with destroying his oposition and increasing his power further. Clovis sees in Calcor that with the spores and what he determined to be a strong will, it is possible to control the vast numbers of the fiends. The concept of this power madenned him (insane mad, not angry mad) and his military pursute of it caused him to lose his humanity, but his years of discipline caused him to still appear in complete control of himself.

In the end, some second character of purity, like Malico, is able to avert the desolation of the planet by doing something.... yeah I haven't got this all figured out yet. This is originally where by some means the planet gets ripped apart and Project Empire takes over, but that might not be where this is going.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 2:47 pm

Okay, I get it now. I just think Calcor sounds sort of hopelessly lost...Idunno, if he's the main character, I don't think he should be the "tough guy" all the way through the movie and still end with evil in his heart. That leaves a feeling of defeat. But I see the rest working out okay.
Back to top Go down
cbgjustin
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgjustin

Number of posts : 113

Character sheet
Calcor: 5000
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 10:00 pm

ok i agree i like this version better let me see what i can come up with
Back to top Go down
http://cbgjbr.virtuaboard.com
cbgjosh
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 4:33 pm

Calicor a hopeless lose :O HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE GREAT CALICOR... actualy i cant even spell his name
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Number of posts : 129

Character sheet
Calcor: infinity
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 7:16 pm

I think we should divide focus from Calcor, put some light on charaters like Malico and Clovis, and touch base with some of the others as well. We don't need to follow Calcor everywhere; we cut some attention to sy Clovis then swing back to Calcor conquering something; this way we don't just sit and watch him discuss battleplans with generals and such stuff that isn't very interest more than once or twice and not in full stretches.
Back to top Go down
cbgjosh
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 7:32 pm

but wait is calicor in rts??? I thought he was in emo?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 7:50 pm

He is in Emo, not Rts. For some reason people just started to talk about Calcor though this topic was originally about Rts. Smile
Back to top Go down
cbgjosh
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 8:35 pm

lol good im not going crazy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 11:13 pm

We will focus on other characters, too. Like any good movie, it will change scenes and add different elements that all contribute to the storyline. But if Calcor's the main character, I think we should perfect him before we move on. Right now, things still seem a little fuzzy.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 6:12 pm

Here's the mwin that Wyvern requested, 640x150. Will this do, or do you have any suggestions how I should change it?

https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o121/Jose_Puustinen/mwin.png
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 3:08 pm

Aw man it looks AWESOME!!! Jose, thank you very much, this mwin rocks my socks off! I like how you combined some of the colors, so it's sort of a "universal" mwin. Works out great, might be a tad stretched, but that shouldn't take away from it at all. Great job!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 4:28 pm

Haha I'm on at the library Razz

Jose one thing...these menus are phenomenal, but I need them without the option texts and cursor. I have to enter the text into the coding...could you do that? Or is it too much work?

I also need to figure something out...did we want the 4 menu themes to be randomized at startup? Or do you want the option to select which one fits your preference? That's gonna take some figuring out to do...as well as the non-window combat, that'll be tricky.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 5:34 pm

Thank you! Yes, I will send you the menus via e-mail without text and cursor (those were there only to help visualize how it might look like in the end). I'm not too familiar with TK, so maybe it's best if you add the text on them.

We seem to have many alternatives here. When I designed those 4 menus, I didn't think of them as startup-menus, although there are the options "New Game", "Continue", etc. (I previously mentioned the reason why I included the text there). I imagined, that there would be a simple startup menu, and after the player chooses the race he wants to play with, all following menus would have the corresponding look (including the battle options-menu, mwin, etc).

I saved those menus while editing them, so I can still modify them and change their sizes and whatever (and trust me, it's not that much work for me). Those 4 were just examples. However, we don't have to do it that way. We can also choose one of the alternatives that Wyvern came up with. Whatever works best for us.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 7:50 pm

I like your idea Jose. As of now I've actually STARTED Oasis (woo-hoo! afro ) So somebody pop open the champagne. It's in its embryo stage right now, sure, but once this game is done, it's going to be the best CD you could pop into your computer.

When the game opens, it will say simply "Choose your Race" on a standard menu system. You can choose Humanoid, Dragonoid, Goblinoid, or Skirmish Mode. Each of the 4 corresponding menus will have their own themes, as Jose implicated, only they will follow throughout the entire game...it will be like three separate games, only connected. The mwins for each will be different throughout, and there will be differences in the way the coding is set up as well.

The custom music and unlockables are still a long way off, but I've begun to think of a battle system. You move the cursor freely as you would a character in an RPG...either the game is locked to a grid, or it'll all be free movement, I think that's something to discuss. Then, you can select characters in your army and manipulate them like NPCs. Fight programs will initiate when you choose to fight an adjacent foe. The AI for the foes, however, is going to be a difficult thing to cook up...we need to make the enemies move on their own, and that'll be hard.

I'm thinking about how to do all this through RPGcode, for now. Any ideas, if you're familiar with it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Menubox variations for RTS   Menubox variations for RTS - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Menubox variations for RTS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Archive for 2007 CBG Stuff-
Jump to: