Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Character designs

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
iChickenGod
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
iChickenGod

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Character sheet
Calcor: 5000
clovis:

Character designs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character designs   Character designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 2:17 pm

More drawings. YAY! pig
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Character designs   Character designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 2:45 pm

Dragon dragon DRAGON!!! *gets all excited and does a little dance* Jose you need to draw more dragons... santa
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Character designs   Character designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 7:33 pm

As I was pondering the description for the character called Psyno, I came up with some ideas. First of all, she's a girl (there just wasn't enough female characters!) Laughing

I thought that her background could be something like this: She was 5-years old when her parents discovered the psychic powers she possessed. She would reply to things that weren't said out loud. When something fragile was about to drop near her, the item would just jump back on the table instead of dropping onto the floor shattering into a hundred pieces.

Her parents realized that this power could be just what they had been praying for, because they were very poor and they would soon get evicted from their home. So they found ways to make money with this "gift", that had been granted to their daughter, and they did make a lot of money too. She quickly improved her skills and seldom needed to use physical strenght. She would walk around having her eyes closed, because she "sensed" her environment and she would also speak directly to others mind, not having to produce speech. However, the excess use of this power slowly altered her physical body. She lost her sight and her voice, became very weak and her once beautiful appearence was changed too.

She began wearing a veil on her face so that people wouldn't be frightened of her appearence and that they wouldn't notice her weaknesses.

I took the freedom to name her, I named her Acielyn, because "acies" is latin and it can be translated as "keen vision" (other suggestions are very welcome, this is just something I came up with). She doesn't have a weapon of her own, she uses all kinds of things in her surrounding and moves them with her mind to defend herself and she is very talented with all kinds of magics.

https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o121/Jose_Puustinen/AcielynThePsychicGirl.jpg
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Character designs   Character designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 1:58 pm

VERY good Jose! *applause* I know one of the reasons why your drawings are so excellent...you put TIME into them. I usually only give half an hour to my drawings, and that's why they turn out all crappy...but your superior artistic skills, plus a couple hours of drawing work, really make this stand out. Again I'll say, VERY good Jose! *standing ovation*
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Character designs   Character designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 2:09 pm

Thanks so much, wyvern! You're really supportive, I appreciate that. Yeah, drawing is something that really takes time.. But it's rewarding.
Back to top Go down
cbgjosh
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Character designs   Character designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 3:31 pm

Nicely done I think you should like draw there faces too
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Character designs   Character designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 3:47 pm

If you read further back, you'll find she was intended to have a veil over her face...hmmm... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Character designs   Character designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 6:00 pm

Alright, so after hearing Rin's background story from mantis and seeing a few wallpapers I got inspired to draw a new sketch of her:

https://2img.net/h/i119.photobucket.com/albums/o121/Jose_Puustinen/Rin2.jpg
Back to top Go down
cbgjosh
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Character designs   Character designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 6:40 pm

Ive said it once and ill say it once more! If im attracted to the charrecter! that means she is a good charrecter!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Character designs   Character designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 5:35 pm

Impressive, Jose! I admire your artistic talent.

Does she still have the giant scythe though? Cause that would be cool. Otherwise she looks a little...defenseless. Neutral
Back to top Go down
iChickenGod
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
iChickenGod

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Character sheet
Calcor: 5000
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: Character designs   Character designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 7:52 pm

*YELLS* "Look like a butterfly, sting like a bee" tongue
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Character designs   Character designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 8:05 pm

Thanks! I don't think there's anything to admire, though. Wink

Yes, she still has the scythe, I just didn't want to include it into that sketch. It didn't fit in somehow.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Character sheet
Calcor: infinity
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: Character designs   Character designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 8:09 am

leaning on a wall in the background might work. good work as is though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character designs   Character designs - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character designs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2