Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Project Gothis

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Character sheet
Calcor: infinity
clovis:

Project Gothis Empty
PostSubject: Project Gothis   Project Gothis Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 12:28 am

cbgjustin wrote:
Main Character : Gothis
The story takes place in a small town in a Germanic forest called Viorle. Strange things have beeen happening inside of this town so Gothis and his crew were called into to investigate this abnormality that had been happening in this village. His squad is called the A.P.D.T. (Assault Paranormal Defense Team) which specializes in taking down Paranormal disturbances through out the world, his great grand father started this organization back in the 1800's when paranormal stuff started happening in his home country of Russia.

the story takes place in a Germanic style town where sudden abnorallities have taken place. The mood is dark and gloomy foresty area in the middle of basically nowwhere. The time is mid 1800's to the early 1900's these are just the first few details of athe story more will come later...

this is a future fps which will incorporate weapons that are orginal so if you guys have any ideas for the weapons just let cbgbsc know or cbgjca know.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Project Gothis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Gothis   Project Gothis Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 7:44 pm

This looks really cool...it could be like a cross between Resident Evil and Castlevania.

Weapon Ideas:

Heavy Repeater - Fires musket rounds like a revolver, only it's the size of a rocket launcher. Has gothic-looking spikes near the end of the barrel.

Grappling Hook - For accessory use. You could grapple onto ledges and swing up to second stories, or maybe across wide expanses.

Switchblade - For close combat use, standard weapon.

Amethyst - Sort of like a sniper rifle, but shoots poison darts that home in and are guided by black magic.

(As a side idea, I think Gothis should have a raven that he can send in, which the player guides, to patrol the area and get in small spaces, sort of like the guide bot in Descent 3).

Poltergeist - A more powerful weapon that shoots ghostlike apparitions at high speeds, which seek their prey, devour it, then extinguish.

Tauronis - A flamethrower that shoots fire on three settings...spreadfire, fireball, and small bursts of fire that bounce around on the walls.

Apollyon - One of the higher-class weapons, a streamlined cannon that fires carnivorous locusts at machine-gun speed. These find all prey in the area and devour them, then devour each other, sort of like the Poltergeist but faster.

Hades - The most powerful weapon in the game. It fires an enormous beam of red light, which can bore through anything. Ammo is unlimited, but needs time to recharge.

(I would like to work on this game as soon as we're done w/ the others...this is just some starting stuff).
Back to top Go down
cbgjosh
Anonymous

Project Gothis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Gothis   Project Gothis Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 5:16 pm

SO what exsactly are we looking at for this one. we could turn it to a sequile of Dark Spore?
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Character sheet
clovis:

Project Gothis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Gothis   Project Gothis Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 5:29 pm

not that I'm aware of. The only stuff we have that actually relate are DarkSpore-ProjectEmpire and RTS-Empire. And here's how they relate: in Project Empire the world has had its very own apocolypitical event that has wipped out most of the life and shredded continents (peices of which now float in orbits around the planet, but within the atmosphere), it has all the races from RTS and is under siege by the Abomidable Conclave which were awakended by said apocolypital event. The apocolyptical event was triggered at the end of Dark Spore (which is why Dark Spore doesn't have a happy ending). At the end of RTS the Abomidable Conclave(goblinoids) is put into the same spellbound sleep that the dragonoids awake from in RTS.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Project Gothis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Gothis   Project Gothis Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 8:42 pm

Wait...so everything is related? Hmmm... Neutral If we're a gaming company, there's no shame in working on completely different projects. Idunno, RTS is gonna be more sci-fi/fantasy, as I understand. Besides the plotline ties, I really don't see how Spore could fit in the same series as Oasis.

I DO like how Empire is a sequel to Spore, however.
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Character sheet
clovis:

Project Gothis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Gothis   Project Gothis Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 10:35 pm

Spore and Oasis aren't related persay, but they are both related to Empire. Oasis has no influence on Spore and only serves to provide bad guys for Empire. Of course it doesn't need to work out that way and it is very possible that it will not. Right now we need to focus on the projects individually, and worry how we can relate them later. If we REALLY wanted to relate them later all we'd have to do is put out some conector movies prior to Empire or whatever we're connecting them to.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Project Gothis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Gothis   Project Gothis Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 6:11 pm

Here's some inspiration Jose!

https://servimg.com/view/11054435/2

This was in Mantis' Wallpaper thread...it just struck me. The main character will have darker clothing, of course. And maybe be a bit more serious. But here's an idea for now.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Project Gothis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Gothis   Project Gothis Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 7:40 pm

Thanks! I liked that wallpaper and I know what you mean. Maybe I can come up with something cool.. Cool Just give me a few days, I have to concentrate on the sprites for Oasis first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Project Gothis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Gothis   Project Gothis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project Gothis
Page 1 of 1