Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RTS Sprites

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 3:45 pm

Here are the 3 base-sprites I was assigned to do, a humanoid soldier, a dragonoid warrior and a goblinoid warrior. The size is 64x64, so they are really small. Tip: If you can't zoom pictures with your web browser, download the image and zoom it with some other program to see details.

Last edited by Jose on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 1:34 pm

YES!!! This is what I'm talkin' about!

I kind of imagined the goblinoid in a different color, but it still looks great! The humanoid is awesome as ever...and I can't even say anything about the dragonoid because it is SOOOO cool!!!

Keep it up Jose! Your hard work didn't go to waste!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 3:50 pm

Alright, cool, thanks! What color did you have in mind for the goblinoids? I can still make changes before I make more sprites. And just give me a new assignment when you have time! More sprites perhaps..? cyclops
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 4:05 pm

Oh, I was just thinking some sort of brown or grey. I notice the dragonoid's already grey though...that's fine.

Assignment? Already? Ummm, okay...I'll PM you about it then. If Justin or Ben or somebody gives you a more important assignment, feel free to disregard mine.
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Character sheet
Calcor: infinity
clovis:

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 2:02 pm

we're in motion it looks like. question of goblin color: a little darker, more menacing; on goblin physiology: I imagined the goblins to be a little shorter, fairly skrawny, using scimitar-ish swords and round-type shields. And while the human soldier is all we need for know, the goblins and dragons have subraces that will eventually need attnetion.
Back to top Go down
cbgjosh
Anonymous

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 11:58 pm

You should do 2 versions one were there down then one were there up. So they look moveing like in shining force!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 2:04 pm

Yes, Josh. I will propably do something like that when we start animating them. I'll use more than 2 frames for the "idle"-animation, though, so that it'll look smoother.
Back to top Go down
cbgjosh
Anonymous

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 2:20 pm

No you dont need to do that WERE AMERICANS erm.. and finlandeans.. i think XD ANywyas WERE LAZY not japenees O_O
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 2:25 pm

You can be as lazy as you want, but I'm not lazy. If I do something, I want to do it properly! Wink
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 1:41 pm

Wyvern gave me an assignment; here are the 3 sprites. An ogre, a mech drone and a winged dragonoid soldier.
The ogre is so big that it needs 4 tiles of space on the grid. I'm not sure, but that might be a problem when coding...

(Here's the original assignment: "I need another unit from each race, to look a little stronger, a little more advanced. For the humanoids, it will be a Mech Drone. It'll be a floating machine with arms but no legs, and the head will be slightly incorporated into the chest area. The head will be somewhat serpentine and snakelike, and will curve over the chest but will be close to it, attached to it. For the dragonoids, it'll be slightly like your earlier edition, but with wings, and will have a different color of armor. About the same size. The goblinoid one will be an ogre, large and hulking, with plated armor and a helmet with two spikes on it. It'll have claws instead of a club.")

And I also changed the color of the goblinoid soldier and replaced the club with a scimitar and a round shield, as Ben suggested. I think it's a lot better this way, thanks for that!

Last edited by Jose on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Character sheet
clovis:

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 11:43 am

all of them look great.
I have two requests now: For the Goblinoids I need one in a cloke, he stands uprightand you can't see more than his face, maybe feet and hands. For the Dragonoids I need a drake, basically a large, muscular lizard with any random pattern on its skin, like leaperd spot or tiger stripes or a combo; up to your discretion.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 6:14 pm

Jose, you've made GREAT improvements on the goblinoids! I think they both look phenomenal. Taking up 4 tiles shouldn't be too hard...I like the grid, too. The drone and dragonoid look very nice as well.

Thank you for putting time into this! I would use Ben's suggestion for your next assignment, but one thing for the drakes...I think that they need blades coming out of their heads. One on each side, kind of like elephant tusks, just round deadly blades that guard the jaws, and blunted heads with eyes that are tough to see. They would almost be monster-like, but remember, they're an intelligent race, so don't make them look too beastly. I imagine the cloaked goblinoid will be a wizard or sage of some sort, right Ben? So his attack anim would include a glowing orb or something.

And one more thing: for the humanoids, we'll need a computer technician sprite. Someone wearing a visor, sitting in a floating circular pod that's open on the top but with a force field on the front. Think you can do that? Sounds a little complicated, but they'll perform some of the long-range stuff.

After you're done with these last three sprites, we should be ready for a skirmish-mode test demo, to see how the game basically works and all that. We might need some of the animations for the isometric characters...now that I see all this, I don't think I can do that. So we need an animator before I can start moving things around. For now this looks excellent, keep up the good work! You shouldn't have to for too much longer.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 8:55 pm

Thanks Ben and Wyvern! I'll start working on those sprites as soon as I get the chance.
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Character sheet
clovis:

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 1:39 am

Actually the clocked goblin is a shaman, and I haven't given his attacks much thought. So that much is up in the air.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 2:25 pm

One more thing Jose...could you put the purple gridlines under your first Humanoid and Dragonoid soldier sprites as well? Then it's all isometric.

Russel's back...he could probably animate all this, if he's up for the task.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 7:26 pm

Hehe, I knew it was the Shaman from the story!... Wink Shall I give him a staff or something?

Wyvern, the purple grids are now there. Just check my first post under this topic to get the links.

Is this drake-thing standing on it's back legs or is it crawling?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 8:49 pm

There are two kinds of Drakes: Drakes and Standing Drakes. This one, for now, I think should be a Standing Drake...it's kinda big, thick, muscular and all that jazz. I can't wait to see these!

As to the grids Jose...thank you, but I can't see the dragonoid one! It doesn't have a grid. The humanoid one does, though. After you're done with the sprites, whoever animates them will have to make their NW and NE facing directions, as well as SE for some but not all (I reversed the Mech Drone and Ogre).
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 6:11 am

A standing drake it is then! Cool

I've fixed all of the links for the sprites, because I changed them to .png format. Every sprite should now have a grid and a shadow too. Contact me, if there's something wrong.
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Character sheet
clovis:

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 4:51 pm

The drake-thing from my post is a quadraped, walks on four legs. I'm not sure if that's what you were asking about, but just in case.

As for the shaman a staff is a good idea, he also has a knife but I don't know how you would work that in; maybe sheathed in his staff..
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 4:54 pm

Sigh... I guess I can do both of them... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 5:27 pm

Yet another question: Are the both drakes (standing and regular) about the same size? And does the standing one have some kind of a weapon? Perhaps a shield too?

I've already started to give form to them, so I need to know before I can continue working.
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Character sheet
clovis:

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 1:26 pm

yes they're both drakes, that makes sense. The standing one probably needs a little extra muscle on it's back and lower legs, maybe a very bulky bracer on one arm that acts as a shield and a big, sturdy knife for a weapon. just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 3:54 pm

Alright, cool. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 5:45 pm

Okay. It's time for some sprites. This time it's a set with a goblinoid shaman, a humanoid technician, a drake and a standing drake.

Sorry, I didn't follow the instructions in every detail. Eg. the circular pod for the technician was supposed to be open on the top but with a forcefield on the front. Well, this is a bit different. Hope it'll do anyway. I suck with all sorts of machinery so... And I'm not sure what you expected of the drakes, but here's what I was able to do (The drakes will be a nightmare for the animator because of the patterns, though):

Last edited by Jose on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Character sheet
clovis:

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 6:13 pm

Well I'm impressed. The drakes are not what I expected, but in a good way, especially the crawling drake's tail, I pictured it down, but up makes him look aware and ready for action the way it is. Great job as usual, and also I am very happy with the goblin Shaman.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RTS Sprites Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RTS Sprites
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next