Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RTS Sprites

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

RTS Sprites - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 7:48 pm

Jose, every time you post new artwork, I have to ask myself what we'd do without you. These are very impressive! Our game is going to look professional, thanks to your work.

Okay, I think we have enough original sprites for now...I'll turn these into tilesets, but I still need the animations as well as facing all four directions. We'll discuss how to do this tomorrow (while you're not here Very Happy but we'll let you know about it).

Again, great job! The humanoid doesn't look at all what I expected...it's much better. The drakes are more what I pictured, they're great as well. The shaman looks incredible. Kudos! Can't wait for more eye candy in the future afro
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 9:32 pm

Thank you both! I'm very happy that you're satisfied with the sprites.

Animation is going to be troublesome, I'm not sure if I have the skills for it. I work better with a pencil than a mouse in my hand. Wink However, I think I can draw those basic sprites facing at all four directions, but it'll take time. But if we can't get a hold on an animator by then, I guess I have to try animating them too.

I highly appreciate all the supporting comments I've received so far, thank you everyone!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 7:04 pm

Just noticed a mistake. The grid under the goblin shaman was incomplete. It's fixed now. If you still see it as it was, try refreshing the page or deleting the history.

-the perfectionist-

Last edited by Jose on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 3:04 pm

Okay, the other facing directions for the 3 humanoid sprites are done. NE for all 3 and SE&NW for the soldier (Technician and Mech Drone will be flipped to get the SE&NW directions).

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 7:28 pm

Thanks for making these Jose! I'll be sure and add them soon. All we need now for a screenie is the cursor...we'll have to discuss the details soon. Then we'll have something to show off! Although we're going to need landscape art soon, we'll also have to contact another artist.

We're this close, guys! Let's make it happen, and get this thing out there.
Back to top Go down
cbgjustin
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgjustin

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Character sheet
Calcor: 5000
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:44 pm

yeah i agree we need to get this stuff out i am not off from work until tues so i wont have anytime off until then
Back to top Go down
http://cbgjbr.virtuaboard.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 5:39 pm

The goblinoid warrior is now facing all 4 directions. Here they are:
I'll have the same done to the Shaman in a couple of days.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 6:53 pm

I think the horn that isn't closest to the camera seems too high, as if his head is tilted to the side, IMO.

EDIT: Looking at it, it doesn't seem AS severe now, but I think his head looks crooked when he's facing the screen.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:08 am

Thanks for the feedback. Actually, my intention was to give the smaller goblinoids a distorted and a sort of bad-posture-look, but I didn't know it would look misproportioned. I might change that some time in the future.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 3:47 pm

Well it could easily pass for a disfigured face, I didn't know you intended that.
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Character sheet
Calcor: infinity
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 9:48 am

keep on keepin on my friend you're moving along splendidly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 12:24 pm

Thanks, Ben! king
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RTS Sprites   RTS Sprites - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RTS Sprites
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2