Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A new name for Project Oasis?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

A new name for Project Oasis? Empty
PostSubject: A new name for Project Oasis?   A new name for Project Oasis? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 8:21 am

I noticed that we immediately got one comment on TK.

"http://mysticsoftware.net/games.php?mode=2&category=1&game=77"

So... They've used the name Oasis. And from the ratings it doesn't look like a very good game. Mad "Oasis" would've been such a fitting name for our game... But to me it seems we might have to change it. However, I don't think we have to discard the whole word. We could still use a title such as: "Project: Oasis", "Operation: Oasis" or something like that. That could be fitting in a way too...

Do you guys have any ideas? Question
Back to top Go down
cbgjustin
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgjustin

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Character sheet
Calcor: 5000
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: A new name for Project Oasis?   A new name for Project Oasis? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 9:44 am

Aquili project
Back to top Go down
http://cbgjbr.virtuaboard.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A new name for Project Oasis?   A new name for Project Oasis? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 11:11 am

You're right, it looks like a crappy game. They should just delete it! It's collecting dust and has a 2.5/10, that's terrible.

Okay, we'll have to change ours for now then. Aquilae. That still sounds pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A new name for Project Oasis?   A new name for Project Oasis? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 2:24 pm

What does it mean?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A new name for Project Oasis?   A new name for Project Oasis? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 3:22 pm

Me and Mantis were thinking about a new name and Mantis came up with the following title: "Project Caldera" or just simply "Caldera".

I think it's very fitting because that's what our crater practically is, right?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A new name for Project Oasis?   A new name for Project Oasis? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 4:04 pm

Caldera...that's pretty cool. I think "Aquilae" has some Latin attachment to "water", and the lake takes up a lot of the area, but I can change it whenever. We just need to all agree on a name at some point.
Back to top Go down
cbgben
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
cbgben

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Character sheet
Calcor: infinity
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: A new name for Project Oasis?   A new name for Project Oasis? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 4:14 pm

it's just for toolkit, I'm not nearly as concerned with the title near as much as the game itself. Speeking of which, the landscape artist I mentioned the other day said she couldn't help and that she doesn't know anyone who'd like to, but she did say we should give a look at deviantart.com.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A new name for Project Oasis?   A new name for Project Oasis? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 10:39 pm

Oh yeah, I hear there are some great artists there. Well it'll be hard to lure them in without money involved...but we'll have to try.

For now, we should probably simply call it "Project Oasis" on the Toolkit forums, we can sort it out later from there.
Back to top Go down
iChickenGod
Overseer of the Forum
Overseer of the Forum
iChickenGod

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Character sheet
Calcor: 5000
clovis:

PostSubject: Re: A new name for Project Oasis?   A new name for Project Oasis? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 12:10 am

My art class visits that site very often.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new name for Project Oasis?   A new name for Project Oasis? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new name for Project Oasis?
Page 1 of 1